Saturday 3 May 2014

Embarrassing stories part 1

By now all of you might know how interesting my life is. But even I have some (ok ok many) ‘special’ moments where I had wished the Earth would swallow me or that I’d become invisible somehow.
Needless to say the above methods didn't (and don’t) work. So I had to face the consequences of the things my stupid self did.
1) This happened in 7th. It was social period and we were doing maps. I tore pieces of paper and put it on my neighbour’s head.  After a few minutes my teacher noticed it. I guess he was in a bad mood because he made her stand up and shouted at us asking who did this dastardly act. Come on. It was paper. Sheesh!  Being the badass that I am I didn’t own up. So he took her to the principal(?). Then I saw this guy look daggers at me. He came up and asked me in front of the whole class why I hadn’t confessed. I innocently asked him what he was talking about. Then he said he saw me do it. Then another girl said she saw me do it. Then another. I was speechless. So I ran out of the classroom crying. And now whenever that guy sees me he never forgets to remind me of the ‘bad thing I did in 7th’. Honestly people.
2) I used to go to this English class when I was in 4th. One fine day we(me and my cousin brother) went to her house as usual. We knocked and nobody answered. So we thought she wasn't at home and rejoiced at the fact that there was no class that day. So we went to their terrace and started laughing and joking loudly (not to mention running) and then we returned home. The next day she came to our house and told my mom, very angrily of course, that we had bunked class. (bunk? We didn't do it on purpose okay) And she narrated in full detail everything she heard us say in the terrace and let me tell you this-we weren't exactly talking anything good about her or anybody else as a matter of fact. The rest, as they say, is history. Needless to say we never went there again.
3) When I was about 7 my mom enrolled me in some workshop that dealt with matters 7 year olds could not comprehend. I couldn't anyway. The lady was talking about time and stuff and how it was always moving and doesn't stop for anyone (common workshop material I guess). She asked the gathering, numbering 1000, if we had any questions. So I innocently asked her ”maam doesn't time stop when you take the batteries out of the clock? ”(I was a special kid. A weird kind of special kid). Yes. I actually said this in front of 100 kids and their parents (not to mention my parents). Of course everyone started pointing and laughing and the speaker was looking daggers at me(I guess I had ruined her ‘beautiful presentation’).
Well that’s all. So now I shall go to a corner and cry silently reviewing and exaggerating all the above moments and you can slap your thighs ,roll on the floor with tears in your eyes(I’m pretty sure they’re not sympathy tears)  and laugh till your sides ache. And for those kindred souls who have experienced/will be experiencing such ‘special moments’ I feel your pain. And I assure you if you write a blog post about that I will be the first one to read it and laugh heartily.


No comments:

Post a Comment