Saturday 26 April 2014

'Face'book

I’m not going to sing the praises of facebook here. People are paid to do that. I’m not.
My profile picture (a.k.a. DP. For those of you who have no idea what it stands for , let me be the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ by saying it stands for descriptive picture) is Leonardo Di Caprio. Yes I’m a female. Yes I don’t look like Leo. Meh. Who does?
I am aware of the unspoken rule that people ought to keep a picture of their face (read selfie) as their DP.  Let me elaborate on that. Facebook is for meeting new people(I guess). Now wouldn’t it be enough for a stranger to know your gender and where you’re from (optional) apart from your name? Does he/she have to know how many moles you have on your face or how many hairs you have on your eyebrow?  It’s a stranger for god’s sake. He/she is supposed to know how you look like only if you trust him/her enough to meet in person which I’m sure most of you would blatantly refuse to do. So why trust him/her with your picture? How can you be sure he won’t use your picture in unimaginable (remember that Goundamani joke where they use his picture for ‘aangal kakkoos’ or gents toilet for the less enlightened ones) ways?
"Dafaq am I doing here"?
"I was just giving life advice"
"Huh.Keep doing such important services to humanity"
I'm so funny.
                                             
Okay. Lets talk about friends (read college mates, school mates, colleagues). They see you every day in person. Do they have to see you whenever they log on to check their notifications too? Aren’t you torturing them enough?  Now lets go to group photos. The whole idea of a group photo is(should be, in my opinion) it would be difficult to actually find out which one of the 2(3,4,5...) is you. But this only works if you haven’t tagged people or if this is your first picture. (‘they’ say the ugliest one in a group picture is the person who uploaded the picture but who am I to judge?). So frankly this won’t work for anyone except for people who get this joke.
Haha. Gets me every time. By the way this is Chemistry cat.
No amount of information is too much.
                                                 
On a more serious note, people say "those who cant accept themselves(apparently because they hide behind a celebrity) cannot accept others". Well why would I want to accept people who I don't know? If I really did want to accept them I would just go meet them. Letting people see your face doesn't qualify as acceptance. There are MANY other ways and you're just too shallow to understand them.
Others say "people who don't have their photos on Facebook are ugly.That's why they don't want to show their face". You haven't seen me. Yet you've already judged me. I can't expect people like you who think beauty is having a photogenic(not pretty but photogenic) face AFTER you've edited it to actually understand whatever I tell you. So I WONT explain myself to them.
Let’s face it. We all do it to get likes. Just like how we do a bunch of other stuff on Facebook(don’t deny it). The like button is there for a reason. Yes.
I hope this truckload of likes satisfies your even bigger ego.
Just kidding.Or not.No one will ever know.
                                     
The above paras that I have written after years of research, hard work and joblessness is the reason why I don’t have my pretty(ahem) face as my DP. But let me confess. If I do get the ‘perfect DP shot’(after editing it of course) I shall not delay a single minute (What? How long can one resist the fad?). And I bet you that picture will get 80+ likes. If it doesn’t then I shall remove all traces of its existence. I assure this shall happen when Fevicol ads stop being awesome or when they decide to rope in someone other than Abhishek Bachan for idea ads or when I stop using 9gag. (P.S. they’re not going to happen anytime soon so yay I don’t have to download photo editing softwares).
Everyone’s happy right?
Enough internet for today. Sorry Big B. Couldn't resist.
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment