Thursday 17 April 2014

The concept of Blogging

I don’t fancy blogs. But I do like the concept of blogging. Blogs are supposed to be online diaries. Which means a blogger MUST blog daily which might prove inconvenient to people who don’t even have time to wash behind their ears.But not to me because I don’t write in my diary daily. I write once a year. That too only if it happens to be an eventful year. And I haven't had many eventful years. So the ‘use blog like a diary' rule isn't going to bother me. Rules never do.  Not even ‘danger zone. Do not enter’. Yeah. I’m a badass.
I'm from India. So my dad gets no less than 10 diaries every year. So I've been associated with diaries right from the time when I was a baby. Of course I had no idea what I was supposed to use them for at that time. And I still haven't figured it out. But that's not the point.
Most of my doodles looked like this
When I was about 5 I learnt to write. And by write I meant join letters. In cursive of course. Those diaries were my solace. I would have hardly written a sentence that made sense but I was 5. Cut me some slack. When I was 7 I stated writing these "description" essays. You know those 'my mom, my dad, my pet, my school etc with crappy text and alignment. (I used sketch pens. What can you expect?) Not to mention the language. Most of the space in the page (including the ones near that day’s date at the top and the all days of the month at the bottom) was filled with doodles and drawings of the thing I was currently 'descriptive essaying'. (The one in ‘my role model’ was super-worse. I had to draw Rahul Dravid. Go figure). When I was 11 my mom used to give me these handwriting practices. (My handwriting wasn't that bad but you know.Mothers.humph!). They were hell. But I used to draw these cartoons and give them these speech bubbles with stupid immature dialogues that were nowhere near funny. (I have no regrets. I was 11.Everything's funny when you're 11).
Then when I was 15 I started to write the 'once in year' diary that I had mentioned. Most of it was teenage drama.(not mine because I was as interesting to people as a beanstalk). I STILL scribbled. I still drew cartoons and gave them speech bubbles. The only difference was the dialogues had the I's and the first letter after the ‘.’ capitalized. Then suddenly when I turned 17 the entire extra 'dad diaries' collection vanished. But that was because I had used them to practice for my 12th boards. Yeah. I was a good student. Meh. Then I decided to write (oops I mean type) a blog. I started with the enthusiasm of a kid who had found his lost power ranger toy.(Tsk.Kids). It was alright for a few DAYS. Then I began to miss those speech bubbles and my awesome font (yeah I have my own font. It’s called my handwriting). I hadn't written a diary. I had typed a paragraph. People do that for their thesis. Not to express their feelings.  I didn't feel the connection. It was all systematically aligned, spaced and justified. I had no idea how I was feeling while I typed that blog because I had no cartoons to guide me. (normally if I was happy my speech bubbles would be like “I have to tell you this joke werky(?).Why did the cow cross the road? To get to the udder side.hahaha.” It's funny.Come on.)

But as always we're programmed to adapt to change. So I will continue blogging. But once my ‘dad diaries’ shelf resumes its full glory, its back to square one. How long can one remain without their speech bubbles? Ah those were the days. And all you people who are going ’Tsk tsk. Doodling on paper? Did she even give a thought to those poor trees?’ , tell that to those teachers that tell us poor students to ‘write spaciously. Write 1 question per page. Oh it’s for 1 mark? So what? You'll get plenty of additional sheets. Don’t show your concern for the environment in your answer paper.’

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. (Y)
    No one can replace you..








    P.s. i meant the ranting.. Sheesh, you rant more than a drunk guy.. :O :P
    Anyways, as ranting was your objective.. Congrats.. :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well. I was born with the awesome ability to 'rant more than a drunk guy'. Thank you for the revelation. It made my day.

    ReplyDelete