Wednesday 8 July 2015

Things that excite me


First of all I ought to make this very clear; I’m forever on ‘excited’ mode. I’m never not happy, just a little less happy on some occasion. You know, typical south-indian-girl-college-student-studying-engineering-who-hates-waking-up-in-the morning kind of sadness. I live a relatively simple,dull life. So it would do me good to get overly hyped about something just to pass the long evenings,not to mention the nights. 

Transdimensional space goat-my spirit animal
                                                    

So I made a list of things that make me behave like a monkey that is all alone in an island made up of bananas(all inside my head ofcourse).
1. Books- The only thing that can make me happy and sad at the same time.It’s extraordinary how something so small and flimsy can contain within itself the mysteries of the universe and the heart and thoughts of an entire soul.Whenever I come across a book that I havent read yet I will scream internally. When I read the back cover I start sweating with excitement. When I get the book in my hands I loose control and when I actually get around to reading it I start hyperventilating. 
I'm a fangirl in a nutshell.

2. Sleeping-I get so excited during bed time that the excitement actually keeps me awake for several minutes. The feeling of plopping on a soft bed,cocooning yourself with a blanket and having all the time in the world to think about anything and everything without your thoughts being interrupted is just too overwhelming.
Pusheen is also my spirit animal.I'm basic.

3. Watching a movie in a packed the theatre. I dont usually get a chance to watch a movie in a theatre let alone a full house. But when I do, it makes the experience al the more exciting. I dont want to sit quietly inside an ac hall, clapping and laughing without a sound. I want to feel everything, cheer my lungs off, laugh my guts out and hear someone to do it much louder than me. Therein lies the magic of a packed theatre.
4. When I can make a group of people laugh or think deeply- I’m neither an introvert nor an extrovert. I talk when I want to and when I do,boy,I do it good. Let’s face it-it’s not really easy to divert peoples’ attention towards you. People are narcissistic pricks. Not a moment goes by when they don’t think about how their hair looks or how their voice sounds. So making a joke, a good enough joke to not only make people listen to you but also to make them laugh,is a herculean task. The reason I mention a joke specifically is not because ‘humour is the way to a person’s heart’ but because half the people in the world dont get jokes and the other half choose not to laugh. In such circumstances,an occasional snigger is enough to excite anyone.
THIS is probably not to happen.Ever.Unless I fall off the stage and break my leg while tap dancing on stage.I should try that.

5. When I google my homework and get the answer in the first page-this is mundane but nevertheless necessary. I’m not a good googler- I dont know how to perfectly phrase sentences so the you get your answer in the first try. I just type the entire question including the question mark and hope to god he’s merciful today.
Which is why I turned to Google in the first place.

6. A debate-The power of speech and the infulence one word can have on us is incredible. You can wage/stop a war with words. A debate is the perfect place to let loose your tongue. A battle fought with blood but has it share of wounds.Your opinions can change like Ronaldo’s hairstyle. Everything seems wrong and right at then same time. It’s magical.
7. People-It sounds lame but people do excite me. I find it fascinating to just sit down and look at what the people are doing. There are all kinds of people. Each and every one of them never fail to rouse my attention. Everyone has a story,an excuse an opinion, a thought. As a species, we’ve come so far. We can actually make a wrench-with a computer. If this doesnt excite you then nothing will. 
In case you dont really know excitement(you shouldnt be here then), have a look at these people enjoying themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment